I originally started writing this post for a Top 10 Tuesday topic, but struggled to find 10 and ended up running out of time anyway, so as this week is a freebie for Top 5 Wednesday I decided to recycle my incomplete top 10!
I had trouble deciding what to write about for this week’s freebie, and as I have added so many awesome looking books to my TBR (to be read) list on Goodreads lately, I decided to do a top 5 of my most recent additions. I do have a bad habit of happily clicking away at books I think look great, so have a rather large ‘Want to Read’ list on Goodreads that I probably need to sort out so it actually has books on it I have some chance of reading.
This week’s topic is in honour of Mental Health Awareness Month. Awareness about mental health is something that is really important to me, and I’ve read many books about mental illness. Here are five that particularly stood out to me. T5W is a group hosted on Goodreads, if you’d like to participate check it out here.
This week we have an interesting topic, as I often find my opinions on a book can change dramatically over the course of the story. I can go from loving it to hating it, or from hating it to loving it. Sometimes books start out strong, but sometimes you nearly give up on them but then they end up surprising you in the end. T5W is a group hosted on Goodreads, if you’d like to participate check it out here.
This week’s Top 5 is a freebie, so I’ve decided to talk about young adult book series that I have given up reading. I’m sure other people have enjoyed and loved these series, but they just weren’t for me. In some cases I knew from the first book I wasn’t going to complete the whole series, but for others I started out enjoying them but ended up disappointed. T5W is a group hosted on Goodreads, if you’d like to participate check it out here.
There are many books I planned to read this year, but as per usual any ideas I had about what I wanted to read went out the window! I usually read what takes my fancy at the time. T5W is a group hosted on Goodreads, if you’d like to participate check it out here.
This week’s topic is all about the biggest books we’ve yet to read. I have a lot of them! T5W is a group hosted on Goodreads, if you’d like to participate check it out here.
1) A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin – I read the first book, A Game of Thrones, earlier this year and got the second book almost straight away. However, I wanted a break to read some other books, and still haven’t got around to picking this one up.
2) The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan – I made it one of my ambitions to read the whole of Jordan’s Wheel of Time series. So far I’ve only read the first two books.
3) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare – This will have to stay on my TBR for a little longer as I still need to finish the Infernal Devices before I can make a start on this series.
4) Ringer by Lauren Oliver – After reading the first book in this series last year, I was keen to read the next book. It’s still on my TBR though! I’m hoping to read it soon.
5) Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – Having heard so many good things about this book, I went out and bought it. I hope it lives up to expectations!