There are many books I planned to read this year, but as per usual any ideas I had about what I wanted to read went out the window! I usually read what takes my fancy at the time. T5W is a group hosted on Goodreads, if you’d like to participate check it out here.
1) Ringer by Lauren Oliver – I eagerly got this when it came out in hardback, but ended up not feeling like reading it. I intent to get round to it in 2019 though!
2) Cinder by Marissa Meyer – This has been on my TBR for far too long. Each year I say I’m going to read it and don’t. Not for any particular reason. I think in the last couple of years I have been trying to finish series I had already started, and not start too many new ones until I had finished some.
3) Mansfield Park by Jane Austen – It’s been a while since I last read a Jane Austen, and I had intended to read one this year. Maybe in 2019…
4) A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin – I was really eager to read the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire, but ended up wanting a break from it after reading the first one. As much as I enjoyed the first one, they are really long books! So I decided to read some other books first, and didn’t end up reading A Clash of Kings in 2018.
5) Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – I’ve been planning to read this book for a while, but just didn’t end up feeling much in the mood for contemporary books this year.