I originally started writing this post for a Top 10 Tuesday topic, but struggled to find 10 and ended up running out of time anyway, so as this week is a freebie for Top 5 Wednesday I decided to recycle my incomplete top 10!
T5W is a group hosted on Goodreads, if you’d like to participate check it out here.
1. Four by Veronica Roth – I really enjoyed Divergent and Insurgent, but Allegiant was such a letdown that I still haven’t got round to reading Four even though I finished the main trilogy years ago. I don’t often enjoy short stories either. I much prefer reading novels. So I’m not sure if I will read this one, even though it’s been sat waiting on my shelf for ages.
2. The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan – I made it one of my reading goals to read this behemoth of a series before I die. I’ve read the first and second books but the chunkiness of the books and length of the series just kind of puts me off whenever I think of reading the third book. I’d have to read a recap of the first two because it’s been such a while I can’t remember what happens in them.
3. Where She Went by Gayle Forman – If I Stay is one of the best books I’ve read, so I have been tentative about reading the sequel even though it’s been on my shelf a while now. I guess I’m worried it won’t be as good as the first book. I’d also recommend the film adaptation of If I Stay, which I found just as heart-wrenching as the book.
4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – Having read a lot of YA dystopia books, I think my interest in them has waned. Maybe I just need a break from them for a while and will come back to this one later.
5. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver – I really enjoy Lauren Oliver’s writing style and remember liking Delirium but it’s been a long time since I read the first book now, maybe my enthusiasm for this series has just faded? I need to get better at not leaving such big gaps between reading books in a series.
What books have you been avoiding reading? Share your thoughts in the comments!