I was nominated for this last month but was busy with work and then I wasn’t feeling well and the days and weeks just slipped past. Thank you so much to Abby at Beyond the Read for nominating me! They have an awesome blog so go and check it out!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (Very important: see why in step 5.) The original post by Colton Beckwith can be found here.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that pings-back the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
Onto Abby’s questions!
1.Who is your blogging inspiration?
This is a hard question. I started my blog way back in 2012 (although I didn’t post very often at the start) and I hadn’t actually read any other blogs before I started my own! As I’ve been blogging more over the last few years and discovered so many other amazing bloggers, I’d say this wonderful community as a whole is my inspiration.
2. What are the three most recent additions to your TBR?
For my physical TBR – Blazewrath Games, Crownchasers and The Lives of Saints.
3. What’s your latest non-bookish obsession?
Ooh another tough question. I’m not sure I’d call it an obsession, but I have recently been re-watching all the Star Wars movies in order. I finished with The Rise of Skywalker last weekend.
4. Pick two, drop one: plot, characters, or writing?
How can you make me choose?! I think the best stories are the ones that weave all the elements that make up a great story, if that makes sense. But if I had to pick, I would choose plot and writing and drop characters. I’m sure I must be in a minority as most people seem to prioritise characters. If I don’t enjoy a book’s writing style I find it hard to get through. And plot is really important to me.
5. Do you play any instruments?
I don’t but I had singing lessons when I was in high school and did singing exams. I have a Grade 5 in singing. I’ve been in a choir ever since then, so it’s been sad I’ve not been able to go since the pandemic!
6. Where do you feel most at peace?
I’m not sure I feel at peace anywhere, I’m not very good relaxing. But I’d say when I feel most at peace is just after I’ve been writing. Writing always makes me feel so alive and gives me a kind of buzz, but it also somehow makes me feel at peace at the same time, perhaps because it brings me such joy.
7. What’s your favorite fall drink?
I don’t really have one as there aren’t many fancy drinks I can have because of dietary requirements. I just drink English Breakfast tea all year round. But I do have a chai latte as a treat on occasion.
- Do you like listening to music while you read?
- What is the best book you’ve read in 2020 so far?
- What is the best movie or TV show you’ve seen in 2020 so far?
- Are there any sequels you liked more than the first book?
- Besides reading, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
- What book is underrated but you wish more people knew about?
- What is your most anticipated 2021 release?
No pressure to take part if you’ve already been nominated or don’t do tags!